I have nearly thirty years' experience in a range of contexts as a leader, teacher, trainer, researcher, consultant, examiner, speaker, entrepreneur, coach and mentor. What unites these roles is my passion for, and leadership of, opportunities to support the learning and development of others within safe, supportive and inclusive environments.
Although I have worked extensively in the cultural and education sectors, my skills, expertise and creativity have been valued by those in a diverse range of other sectors, including management accountants, IT specialists, and lawyers.
I have led a number of high profile initiatives ranging from the UK’s first conference on digital learning through to the RSC’s Certificate in Teaching Shakespeare.
I am based in England but have travelled professionally to America, China, Singapore, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Trinidad and Brazil. All of my professional work is now conducted via my company, Head-Line Communication Ltd. My preferred pronouns are she/her.
Key qualifications, fellowships and training include:
- Fellow of the RSA
- PhD in Arts Education, University of Warwick
- Associate Fellow of the University of Warwick's CAPITAL centre, 2005-2010
- Coaching Skills for Leadership, Cultural Leadership Programme
- Clore Leadership Short Course
- Diploma in Women in Management (Distinction), Birkbeck College
- PGCE: Drama and English (Distinction), University of Leeds
- MA: Arts Management in Education, City University, London
- BA: Drama and Latin, University College of North Wales