I can provide research and evaluation support ranging from assistance with funding bids that require project evaluation through to working on my own or as part of a team undertaking short or longitudinal studies.
My research interests include the role of leaders; the use of research and evidence within education; the role and qualities of arts and culture within schools; the impact of engagement in arts and cultural activities on behaviour, well-being, and/or employability; and pedagogy, teacher training and professional development.
My research skills include conducting literature reviews; capturing of quantitative and qualitative data through surveys and interviews; analysing primary and secondary data; and writing up of findings to comply with rigorous academic or funder requirements.
I am skilled at presenting research and findings. Recent examples include
- Towards a Creative Curriculum, Barbican Centre, (2020);
- Dulwich/ China headteachers’ conference, Shanghai (2018);
- Shakespeare and Education Conference, University of Brighton (2016);
- International Federation of the Teachers of English, New York, (2015); and
- National Association for the Teachers of English (2015).