I am an experienced researcher, with a PhD from the University of Warwick, funded by the Economic and Social Research Council.
I can provide research and evaluation support ranging from assistance with funding bids that require project evaluation through to working on my own or as part of a team undertaking short or longitudinal studies.
My research interests include the role of leaders; gender equality; the use of research and evidence within education; the role and qualities of arts and culture within schools; the impact of engagement in arts and cultural activities on behaviour, well-being, and/or employability; and pedagogy, teacher training and professional development.
My research skills include conducting literature reviews; capturing of quantitative and qualitative data through surveys and interviews; analysing primary and secondary data; and writing up of findings to comply with rigorous academic or funder requirements.
I am skilled at presenting research and findings. Recent examples include
- Towards a Creative Curriculum, Barbican Centre, (2020);
- Dulwich/ China headteachers’ conference, Shanghai (2018);
- Shakespeare and Education Conference, University of Brighton (2016);
- International Federation of the Teachers of English, New York, (2015); and
- National Association for the Teachers of English (2015).
To find out how my unique set of skills in leadership, research, training, and coaching can help you and your business, book an online meeting with me. (If you can't find a time that suits please let me know via the contact form.)